29 October 2013

One True God According To The Bible (Knowing The True God part 1)


KNOWING THE TRUE GOD
Part 1
                    
Who is the true God? A question asked by many because it is not true that all religions worship one and the same God. Even among those who profess they are Christians and they believe in the Bible worship not one and the same God. It is very important to make sure that we worship the true God taught by the Bible because the Holy Scripture explicitly proclaimed the following:

II Thessalonians 1:8-9 NKJV
“In flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power”

Are there people who do not know God? Apostle Paul answered this question:

1 Cor 8:7 God’s Word
“But not everyone knows this. Some people are so used to worshiping false gods...”

Through the guidance of the Holy Scripture, let us know who the true God is. Who is the true God according to the Bible?



ONE TRUE GOD ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE



The true God taught by the Bible is “One True God”:

John 17:3 CJB
“And eternal life is this: to know you, the one true God, and him whom you sent, Yeshua the Messiah.”

Even in the Old Testament, the God it taught is also “One True God”:

Psalms 18:30 NET
“The one true God acts in a faithful manner; the Lord's promise is reliable; he is a shield to all who take shelter in him.”
   
Psalms 18:32-33 NET
“The one true God gives me strength; he removes the obstacles in my way. He gives me the agility of a deer; he enables me to negotiate the rugged terrain.”
   
Psalms 18:47 NET
“The one true God completely vindicates me; he makes nations submit to me.”

Thus, the belief in more than one true God is a false belief because it contradicts the teaching of the Bible that the God of the Bible is One True God.


HE ALONE IS GOD

He is One True God because He alone is God:

Deuteronomy 32:39 TEV
“'I, and I alone, am God; no other god is real. I kill and I give life, I wound and I heal, and no one can oppose what I do.”


NO GOD BESIDES HIM

He alone is God because there is no God besides the God of the Bible:

Isaiah 45:5 NKJV
“I am the LORD, and there is no other; THERE IS NO GOD BESIDES ME. I will gird you, though you have not known Me.” (Emphasis Mine)


NO OTHER GOD, NONE BESIDES HIM

He is One True God because there is no other God, there is none besides Him:

Isaiah 45:21 NKJV
“Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the LORD? And THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES ME, A just God and a Savior; THERE IS NONE BESIDES ME.” (Emphasis Mine)


THERE IS NONE LIKE HIM

He is One True God because there is none like Him:

Isaiah 46:9 NKJV
“Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and THERE IS NONE LIKE ME.” (Emphasis Mine)


KNOW NOT ONE

The One True God knows not one besides Him:

Isaiah 44:8 NKJV
“Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. IS THERE A GOD BESIDES ME? Indeed there is no other Rock; I KNOW NOT ONE.'” (Emphasis Mine)


NO GOD BEFORE HIM AND WILL COME AFTER HIM

There was no God before Him, and there will be no God that will come after Him:

Isaiah 43:10 NKJV
“‘You are My witnesses,’ says the LORD, ‘And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.”


CONCLUSION

These are all words of the One True God of the Bible. He said, “I, and I alone, am God; no other god is real.” He also said, “There is no God besides me.” He further said, “There is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; there is none besides Me.” The One True God of the Bible also explicitly said, “There is none like Me,” “Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me,” and “I know not one.”

These words of the One True God are contradicted by the belief in the “Triune God” (that God is a Trinity – besides the Father, the Son is also God, and the Holy Spirit is also God).

The One True God speaking in the verses we quoted is not a “Triune God,” not a “Trinity,” not three persons. He said, “I, and I alone, am God.” He did not said, “We, we three, am God.” He said, “There is no God besides Me.” He did not said, “There is no God besides Us.” Indeed, the words of the One True God saying “I know not one” proves that there is no “Triune God.” The True God is ONE, He alone is God, and none besides Him.

To be continued >>>>>
Part 2
The True God According To The Old Testament

No comments:

Post a Comment

Know why more and more people worldwide convert to Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ). Learn more about this Church and find out what makes it unique.

Learn More About Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ)